Software development means any program that runs and runs on a computer or any mobile device. Software development, respectively, refers to the process of creating such programs. What allows programs to run and work is the operating system. And everything that runs under the operating system is all programs. Programs are system and application. System software is software that provides the operating system or hardware. The development of programs for system assignment is a company that has developed an operating system, or whether any third-party manufacturer, for example, computer equipment. Manufacturers are called – software developers.
What are the steps of developing
- The first step towards obtaining effective software is the preparation of a clear technical assignment, which in future work will be the basis of the project documentation.
- After that, it is necessary to prepare methodological documents and templates, according to which certain functions of the new program will be implemented. For example, if a proprietary electronic document management system (CRM) is being developed, each department makes its own suggestions for improvement and additional functions. The regulatory framework brings uniformity to the requirements of all departments of the enterprise.
The initial versions of the created software are thoroughly tested by a group of employees to identify bugs, an unstable system, and logical errors. After that, the first version of the product is ready to go.
As a rule, a new program is introduced in parallel with the decommissioning of the previous product. This is necessary to fully transfer the database from one system to another, and also allows employees to master the new system. In manufacturing plants, new software products are most often introduced during the seasonal break in work.
Software development process and stages
Getting a running application involves the sequential execution of all processes.
- Application specification development. At this stage, software requirements are harmonized that combine user needs and equipment capabilities.
- Designing a future application. The process is an intermediate step between the writing of the text of technical specifications and directly programming. As a rule, at this stage, prototypes of the most important functions of the future program are launched.
- Programming and testing. The process of writing text code in a specific language, as well as testing its performance.
- Integration and implementation of a software product. The tested application is configured according to company requirements, integrates with other applications, and users begin to use it on a daily basis.
- Accompanying. Successful work of the program in the future involves continuous maintenance, installation of updates, as well as the correction of errors that occur.